Recently, Supervisor Foley took a tour of Dana Point Harbor where she received updates on the new docks, amenities, and timeline for boats to return to these docks. Click here to watch an update!
During our Dana Point coffee chat, Supervisor Foley agreed to consider the formation of a Harbor Advisory Committee. Though the committee is Supervisor Foley's Harbor Advisory Committee will include Supervisor Katrina Foley, a large and small merchant, a boater, the Mayor of Dana Point or their designee, 2 members of the public, ad hoc members include DPHP, CEO Real Estate, and a representative from public safety (ideally Harbor Patrol). Timeline for launch late April after public Town Hall to gather more insight from community members.
Goals include but not limited to:
- Transparency and oversight of DP Harbor redevelopment
- Increasing engagement with DPHP & the public
- Combatting misinformation about DP Harbor redevelopment
- Creating solutions to concerns voiced by harbor community
- Identifying opportunities for growth during construction period
- Hosting at minimum 2 public meetings or town halls per year for the Supervisor
- Hosting at minimum 2 stakeholder roundtables with the Supervisor and Harbor Stakeholders per year
Dana Point Harbor Partners Underserved Youth Program Updates
Dana Point Harbor Partners have implemented an underserved youth program to benefit the local community. DPHP have partnered with Orange County non-profits including Great Opportunities, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Capo Unified School District and others to provide unforgettable ocean experiences and education to underserved youth. Programs include swim lessons, sailing, whale watching, kayaking, tide pool exploration, stand up paddling, surfing and STEM. All experiences encompass an educational component with a focus on environmental stewardship.
In 2023, the program aims to provide unforgettable ocean experiences and education to more than 1,000 underserved youths.